Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 12, 2010

I'm Cooking Something GOOD In My Kitchen

I'm thrilled to take part in Pretty Mommy's Fall Recipe Exchange.  I've already gathered some great recipes, and today I'm happy to share my own. 
This past weekend I got busy in my kitchen whipping up our family favorite, white chicken chili.  This is no ordinary white chicken chili.  This is the best white chicken chili you will ever have.  Trust me.  Make this.  Your family and guests will love you all the more for it. 

Before we begin, gather your ingredients:

1 T olive oil
4-5 cloves garlic
1 t ground cumin
1 1/2 t dried oregano
1/4 t cayenne
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
(2) 4 ounce cans chopped green chilis
(2) 16 ounce cans great northern beans
6 cups chicken stock (I like the low sodium version)
2-3 cups shredded monterey jack cheese

Let the goodness begin.

In a large pot, heat oil to med/high.  Then get to grating your garlic and add it in.
 (Note: I can't believe I'm posting a photo of my profile.  I must really love you all.  Or the soup.)

Next, add the chilis, chicken, oregano, cayenne, and cumin.
(That's my husband's arm.  Mine are not that hairy.)

(You can certainly boil up your own chicken and broth, but I like to use a rotisserie from the deli.)

Now you'll want to let this saute and get all lovey in the pot, about 2 minutes.  You wish your screen had scratch-n-sniff capabilites right now.

(Mmmm.)

Next, grab your beans and give them a good rinse.

Add 'em to the pot.

Let the stock join in on the fun too.
Give it all a good stir.  Bring to a boil and then simmer covered for about 1.5 - 2 hours.  All the magic is happening here.  Good things.
(Nevermind that the lid isn't on the pot here.)

It'll begin to look something like this.

When you've decided it has cooked long enough and you must have a bowl, turn off the heat and stir in about 2 cups of cheese (if you dare).

Babies will eagerly eat it up.  Husbands will declare you a better cook than your mother-in-law (maybe not).  Guests will throw galas in your honor (probably not).

Garnish with more cheese and serve with garlic herb buttered toasts.  Dig in.
You can stop here.  Or, if you're really daring, you'll try these bacon chocolate chip cookies.  Yes, bacon chocolate chip cookies. 

Grab some pre-packaged chocolate chip cookie dough and form your cookies.  Fry up some bacon.  The trick is to get it really, really crispy.  You'll probably need to dry it out a little in the oven.  Crumble the bacon into tiny pieces and place on a plate.  Dip one side of the cookies in the bacon and lay on a cookie sheet (bacon side down).

Bake them per your cookie label's instructions.

Sweet and salty goodness, folks!
Thanks for joining me today.  You really can't go wrong with the chicken chili.  It'll warm your pretty tootsies this fall.  Also, be sure to check out Rebecca's blog tomorrow for another tasty dish!

21 comments:

bryn alexandra said...

You are beautiful Chassity!!

And I have to say your kitchen is AMAZING!! I'm so jealous right now. ;)

And that chili looks so good. I think I want to try it.

stephanie. said...

I'm sure the chili is delicious, but can we talk about your kitchen for a minute? WOW. Gorgeous. =)

Gray Benko said...

Yum, I cant wait to try these two recipes!! And I am in agreeance with everyone else...you and your kitchen are both stunning :)

b.b. said...

severely jealous of your kitchen...you will have to bring me some chili and some cookies to console me :)

Kate Riley said...

Oh, wow, that looks so delicious! I love the white beans and chicken breast as an alternative to the traditional chili, looks delish! Gorgeous gorgeous backsplash my dear, loving it! Thanks for visiting this morning!
xo
Kate

Unknown said...

Yum, your dish looks delish... I must say thought I can't stop drooling over your kitchen.... amazing!

torrie said...

I felt just like I was watching a favorite cooking show...[wishing I had smellovision:)] beautiful {clean} kitchen, beautiful host, and all of the steps clearly portrayed. Wonderful post and photographs! Looks delicious (and I'll definitely need to try those cookies- to test the ol' saying out, "Everything's better with bacon."

domestic dish said...

WOW. Im with everyone.....maybe a kitchen tour? Im dying to see more kitchen!!!! Oh and bacon cookies, genius. Because everything IS better with bacon.

Unknown said...

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Adding this to my grocery list and that kitchen - wow!

Katie Brown said...

I love love chicken chili and yours looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!!! I'm so loving all these great fall recipes!

Carole said...

Love the backsplash.

I've made bacon chocolate chip cookies from scratch (no judgment) and they are delish.

SmartBear said...

Okay...I am really excited about this recipe but I kept getting distracted by your kitchen! I am reading along and here I am thinking "Mmm... yummy...omg love the tile...and mmmm...cheese...holy cow that is an amazing kitchen!"
And bacon? Everything is better with bacon!
So happy to find you via Michelle.
Best,
Tina

Manda said...

Oooh this looks yummy! I know what I'm cooking this weekend! And lady, I love your profile. You're a knockout! Love ya bunches. :-)

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

that might be the most gorgeous kitchen i've ever seen! so glad i found your blog today

www.thingsthatsparkleblog.blogspot.com

Julia Ryan said...

I'm pretty late on saying this...but...forget the chili, your kitchen is to die for! I'm obsessed with the color grey right now!

Anonymous said...

Wanted to let you know that I made a vegetarian version of this chili with tempeh and it was so delic! The Husband couldn't get enough. Thanks for the recipe!

Rebecca said...

I really need to see the rest of your house (in a non-stalkery way)! Also, this sounds delish!

Neil Giesler said...

Made the chili tonight...it was delish.

Daniella said...

Mmmmmm looks good! Gorgeous kitchen btw!! Thanks for stopping by my blog too :)

Stefanie said...

I think I lost focus on the recipe when I saw your beautiful kitchen....

Stephanie said...

BACON CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES???? Why the heck am I not pregnant - I would SO murder an entire batch of those. Thanks for the recipe C! Side note - Harts in Jasper for Christmas...Need anything from Il Gufo, would consider an exchange? ; )