Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

February 10, 2011

Marianne of Haven & Home Shares Her Favorites

The designer's favorites is back today with interior designer Marianne of Haven & Home.  Based out of Birmingham, Marianne has made quite a name for herself.  She was recently featured in Birmingham Home & Garden as one of their trendsetters! 

Go girl!  So today she's visiting to share some of the favorite things in her own home.  With that, I present the lovely Marianne.


Hi Everyone, it is great to be here today!  It is nice to take a second to look around at what I really love in our house.  Here a just a few things that are safe from my constant editing.
 
1.  Our dining room light.  This was the first piece I had made for our house, even before we moved in.  It has been called a lot of names by our friends, some good, some not, but I don't care.  I love it just as much today as I did when it was first installed.
 
 
2.  This old cart was found in the basement of a house my parents bought.  The second I saw it I claimed it as mine.  I used a piece of scrap marble for the top and it now resides in the living room as a side table.
 

3.  Just recently I received this library table from my Mother-In-Law.  I love having a large table in our living room.  It splits time as a display for books, pictures and plants and a general catchall.  To me there is really nothing quite like a library table.
 
 
4.  After the most recent round of "reshuffle the house" the bookcase found its way to the curb.  However, every house needs a good set of shelves.  My Husband built these in a little nook behind the front door.
 

5.  Around our house there a little things that remind me of favorite people and places.  The small painting and antique South American map are just two items that are meaningful and decorative.
 
 
Thanks Chassity for having me guest blog! 
 
Thanks so much to Marianne for letting us peak into her home.  Love the idea of covering the old cart with a slab of marble, of course I'm a marble freak!! ;)  if you haven't already checked out her blog, be sure to go visit her at Haven & Home.  Her blog is full of the most lovely images and ideas.

29 comments:

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Love this series, and love her picks!

Party Resources said...

Love all of Marianne's picks!

Lauren Caldwell said...

What a lovely home! I love that library table! Headed to check out her blog now! :)

~Lauren
tickledonline.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I love that end table. I am always up for reusing!

Haven and Home said...

Thank you Chassity for having me!!!!

Unknown said...

I adore Marianne! She was one of the sweetest people I met in NY @ the Nate Show...I have always wanted the cart end table from the moment she posted it a few months ago! Thanks for bringing her on :)

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Lovely home!

Morgan said...

Love her end table... so pretty!

Wanderings of a Wannabe said...

Marianne is the best! Great series!

Unknown said...

I love the earthy tones she uses in her home! It is so warm and cozy.

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

I just adore that little shelving nook behind the door...there is just something about bookcases...and now I'm completely lusting after that antique map of S. America...(c: Great home, Marianne!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Love Marianne's blog and it is great to have a sneak peek in her gorgeous home! xoxo

paula said...

love marianne and her home. her style is quite fabulous!

Unknown said...

I adore this series- Marianne is one of my favourites and she has a lovely home- so nice to have a peak and some of her gorgeous things! xo

Anonymous said...

that cart / side table is amazing! thanks for the intro to marianne!

xo,
joAnn

Morgan said...

You question cracked me up! I put it together on Monday and no stink yet. I didn't know that could happen with babys breath but I'll be on the look out now. :)

carolina postcard said...

I love her style & great post!

Erica Cook said...

Amazing pieces make for such character. Great post! xo
ps- added you to my blog roll and following on twitter @ECmothdesign.

A Perfect Gray said...

oh, I am in love with that old cart. Marianne!

Shannon said...

I love the lamp and the wall color in that last picture! Would you happen to know the name of that wall color? My husband and I are looking for the "perfect gray" for our living room wall and that just may be the one.lol

Amber B (Simple Dwellings) said...

Beautiful home, Marianne! Thanks for sharing it. This was a fun post to read! :)

Staci Edwards said...

Great picks, and I really love this series!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

Haven & Home was one of the first design blogs I started reading, I love her!

ALR said...

I love Marianne. I follow her blog. I really like to see what projects she is working on. Congrats on the feature in the publication.

traci zeller designs said...

Love Marianne and her blog! Thanks for the post!

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

Marianne is such a gem. It's always fun to see the home of a designer you love. It can also be a little intimidating to put your own houses out there. (I posted some photos of my house yesterday, fortunately with sweet encouragement).

Glad to know about you!
Linsey

Acbarnett said...

Love the old refurbished cart- exquisite!

Rachel {little bits of lovely} said...

Love the libary table, such a great idea! Thank you for introducing me to Marianne, I'm off to check out her blog!

Haven and Home said...

Thank you all for the sweet comments! The wall color is Wheeling Neutral by Benjamin Moore.