Go girl! So today she's visiting to share some of the favorite things in her own home. With that, I present the lovely Marianne.
Hi Everyone, it is great to be here today! It is nice to take a second to look around at what I really love in our house. Here a just a few things that are safe from my constant editing.
1. Our dining room light. This was the first piece I had made for our house, even before we moved in. It has been called a lot of names by our friends, some good, some not, but I don't care. I love it just as much today as I did when it was first installed.
2. This old cart was found in the basement of a house my parents bought. The second I saw it I claimed it as mine. I used a piece of scrap marble for the top and it now resides in the living room as a side table.
3. Just recently I received this library table from my Mother-In-Law. I love having a large table in our living room. It splits time as a display for books, pictures and plants and a general catchall. To me there is really nothing quite like a library table.
4. After the most recent round of "reshuffle the house" the bookcase found its way to the curb. However, every house needs a good set of shelves. My Husband built these in a little nook behind the front door.
5. Around our house there a little things that remind me of favorite people and places. The small painting and antique South American map are just two items that are meaningful and decorative.
Thanks Chassity for having me guest blog!
Thanks so much to Marianne for letting us peak into her home. Love the idea of covering the old cart with a slab of marble, of course I'm a marble freak!! ;) if you haven't already checked out her blog, be sure to go visit her at Haven & Home. Her blog is full of the most lovely images and ideas.