Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 18, 2011

"Get The Look" By A Design Darling

So thrilled to have the design darling Mackenzie here today.  You surely know her from her blog, if not from Rue Magazine.  She's helping us get a great look today, featuring two of my favorite colors!  Take it away Mack!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi there! I'm Mackenzie from Design Darling and I'm excited to be filling in for Chassity while she takes New York by storm. Those who have read my "about" page know my favorite color combination is navy blue and hot pink — and I couldn't resist the temptation to share it with you today!
This space from the pages of Style at Home takes my breath away: the linen-esque wall covering, the bright white wainscoting, the chic navy sofa, the crisp white piping, the hot pink throw... Literally I would move in this instant and not change a thing. Thankfully I'll settle for recreating the look in my own home with some of these pieces:


I love the contrast of vintage-inspired ceramics and more modern elements like the graphic and ikat throw pillows. You could easily get the look for less by reupholstering an old sofa or a Craigslist find in navy velvet and giving an existing side table a fresh coat of paint. What do we think?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Love the look Mackenzie!  Thanks so much for stopping by today and visiting all of my amazing readers!  XO

22 comments:

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I absolutely love bright pink and navy blue! And the room you created would be absolutely gorgeously perfect.

Simply LKJ said...

I really like the color combination. Our older daughter's room at home is navy and white, need to add some pink for a pop of color!

Roxy Te said...

a great combo and equally great girl indeed :)

Anonymous said...

Love what you put together! Can't resist hot pink and navy blue.

Chic Coles said...

Ok so you had us at navy and pink! Great post.

Unknown said...

Oh one of my favourite combos as well- gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Love it all together!

Melissa @ Veranda Interiors said...

Perfect for my beach house! Now I just need a beach house to put it all in. ;)

designchic said...

Gorgeous space...dying over the Jonathan Adler lounger!!

Lily said...

I love this combination !! The pillows are fabulous.

xxLily
goldandgray.com

H.G. The Countess said...

I think I love it! Thanks for the intro to Fabricadabra :)

H.G. The Countess said...

I think I love it! Thanks for the intro to Fabricadabra :)

Michaela said...

Such a cute color combo. Loving your mix of solids and patterns!

Nuha said...

I love the sofa and lounger....I die for velvet!

elizabeth@themustardceiling said...

Love it Mackenzie! All of your options are terrific.

Jess @ polka dots, Paris and paint said...

Love the graphic boldness of the two pillows you chose!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

I adore that color combo!!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

That really is such a *yummy* color combo...I'm pretty sure I like just about anything with bright pink (c: Mackenzie is a super fabulous girl and already love her blog! I'm thinking I need to find a place for that striped vase and trina turk pillow at my place...

rebecca said...

this would be perfect for my imaginary hamptons house.

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone! Such a pleasure to contribute to LLL :)

Megan Abigail Chandler said...

I'm a HUGE Design Darling fan ... and I'm so pumped to have a new blog to add to my blog roll!!! Great post with great ideas and I am totally coming back!

www.bellissimostyle.net

Unknown said...

i like the design of our room it was so fabulous..
Website design New York