Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

June 7, 2012

I'm Not A Poser Challenge Submissions

I want to thank everyone who felt inspired by the "I'm Not A Poser" Challenge. It got such a great response, and I think from time to time we need to be reminded to get up and DO something that we are dreaming about.

So today I want to share just a few of the many submissions I received (I wish I could share them all!).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'll start off big. Sam decided to stop daydreaming about being an interior designer and took the leap and enrolled in design school. She's working at a residential interior design firm while she studies too. Making her dream a reality. Go girl.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eileen just needed a liiittle push (nothing like being called a poser, right?) to give a DIY jewelry tutorial a try. Check out this gorgeous Anthropologie's Stormy Seas inspired necklace that she made!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessamie noticed that a good portion of her pinterest boards had one key element, pink interiors. So she decided to start living her pins and add some pretty pretty pink to her living room. I love it, don't you?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emily has started incorporating the beautiful things she finds online into her real life in a series called, Inspired to Incorporated. What a great idea, she does outfits, hairstyles, recipes... you name it. Check out this example she did inspired by a net-a-porter outfit.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Megan wanted to spruce up her daughter Madison's bedroom. She enlisted the help of her mother in law and made this gorgeous pelmet box for the window. She also painted that beautiful abstract art (she's an artist but usually sticks to figurative pieces). Awesome job, Megan! Madison is a lucky girl.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julia decided to step out of her comfort zone of neutrals and bring some color and excitement to her office. So she recovered her chair and painted up some pretty art! Gorgeous, don't you think?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last month, Anna made time for a past hobby of hers and painted a canvas inspired by Cocoa and Hearts. The color and movement in the piece put such a smile on my face. I think it's the perfect addition to her breakfast nook!


Aren't these ladies inspiring?! Thank so much for sharing your projects with us.

20 comments:

Holly {CookClickDanceBaby} said...

Thanks so much for sharing! Inspiration is contagious!!

Natalie said...

wow! very inspiring-- thanks so much for sharing! love your blog! www.fashionifancy.com

Julia Ryan said...

I just LOVE what everyone's been doing! So inspiring to create at night and not just sit around pinning! Thanks for including mine in the mix! xoxox

Megan said...

I am so impressed with everyone's amazing work! Thank you so much for including my daughter's bedroom!

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

I adore this series Chassity. So inspiring.

Morgan said...

Loving the last painting! That girl has talent. :)

My Chic My Way said...

Inspiring!

Sadie + Stella said...

My art!! My art!! Love Julia's little space. That art now resides in my home!

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Ahhh what great inspiration! Thanks for including me :-)

17 Perth said...

Very inspiring!! I love the last photo--that art is beautiful.

Julie Khuu | Haute Khuuture said...

Love this idea! As a fashion/design blogger I find myself gravitated to sooo many disparate elements, it's hard to keep focused! Just a reminder to tackle one thing at a time and move on from there...next up, a bright colorful sofa instead of the stalemate beige one I've been living with forever! Thanks for the inspiration...love your blog!

xo-Julie
Peace. Love. LOL!

Haute Khuuture Blog

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

Funny for 2 seconds, i thought Anna's piece was one of mine. Pretty!
The only time i have issues with this is when someone starts to mimic another artist's work & SELL it.

luxe + lillies said...

How great Chassity! This is truly using blogging in a super positive platform - so inspiring to see all these ladies get these things done - so much talent out there!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

That really is giving me a little nudge (okay fine, it's a giant SHOVE!) to get in to gear and jump on some of those projects I've been stockpiling...nothing like a little project envy to get you going, yeah? (c:

Andrea said...

So inspiring! Thanks for sharing!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

I need to so get off my ass and do something. I get so lazy when it comes to projects. These are all awesome!!

Jessamie {Bird and Branch Redesign} said...

Thanks for sharing my coffee table, lady! Everything you posted is pretty great. Those are some of my favorite ladies!

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

Aw thanks for sharing lovely! This was such a great challenge and it's so fun to see what everyone has done to make life a bit more bold.

Unknown said...

I'm so inspired! I need to go DO something, but first I need to lay in the sun - it's pool time. ;)

Unknown said...

Love this idea! You have stylish readers!