Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

September 13, 2012

Wanna See My Serious Face?

I don't know about you but I grew up around picnic tables. I need one in my life again. I had planned on getting one for our back patio, but after seeing Southern Living's new 2012 idea house, I'm considering it on my front porch. Our porch is pretty much just like this one. Huge, open with no railing, wraps around on both sides. We spend all sorts of time out there and I love the idea of it just being a casual and inviting meet up spot. What do you think of a picnic table on the front porch? Josh isn't feeling it. I think it's kinda quirky and great and I wanna just climb up there for some pie and spiked cider.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm sure many of you saw that Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds got married earlier this week. What's unique about it for me is that they got married at Boone Hall, which is not only a few miles from my house but more importantly is where Josh and I were married nearly 6 years ago. Beautiful place, in case any of you are looking for a wedding spot.


It took 2 centuries for those rows of moss draped oak branches to meet overhead. Just saying.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of my most favorite of favorite bloggy friends, Cassie over at Hi Sugarplum, has put together a great article focused on shopping at Forever 21 when you're not... 21. She asked me for my 21 cents (bahaha) and I was happy to share my thoughts. Oh, and this below is my concentration face. You've probably never seen this before. Sorry if it startles you. Head over to get the skinny.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey we have a Little Fish winner. Congrats Jennifer Holden Campisi!!
Email Brook at griffinbrook@gmail.com to arrange for your Little Fish gift card.
Enjoy, and congrats on your pregnancy!

15 comments:

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Boone hall looks gorgeous!!! And I love the idea of a picnic table on your porch!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Do the picnic table on the porch!! Love that idea and I hope you bought that cute Tunic, me loves it!

Simply LKJ said...

I love the idea of a picnic table! I have wanted one for years, but haven't sold Mark on the idea yet. (what is it with men?!!!)

caycee said...

Love your serious face!! Yes for the picnic table on the porch ;)

SPigg said...

do it! do it! do it!

Jennifer {Lifes Little Lustings} said...

Woo hoo! I never win ANYTHING! And I LOVE the picnic table on the front porch... my hubby probably wouldn't go for it either, but sometimes, we have to take matters into our own hands. :)

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Is it weird that I didn't even know that Blake and Ryan were dating?!? Crazy. And speaking of crazy, I LOVE the picnic table idea! It'll be your favorite spot, dontcha think??? (c:

Anonymous said...

Yessss a picnic table sounds like the best idea!! Do itttt! Xoxo

Lily said...

Picnic table on the front porch sounds so fun...especially if your porch is that big !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Anonymous said...

I would kill for a porch like that! South Carolina seems so dreamy.

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

Love your serious face...and your no pants. :) and i'm dying over them marrying in charleston...I thought of you instantly and knew you knew the skinny! thanks for your 21 cents today :)

ali v. said...

you seriously make me smile. loved the F21 post!

we're dreaming of one of those porches for our house. soon enough, it'll be mine. it must! I love the picnic table idea too. so perfect :)

lastly, SO JEALOUS you got married at Boone Hall. I. love. it. there. xoxo {av}

Amber Steel said...

absolutely love those porches! they certainly deserve a statement piece like a massive picnic table. Surely you can sneak one in there somewhere?!

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Yes to the picnic table on the porch.... it's great because it's unexpected!..... just make sure you love your neighbors because they are sure to want to join you for pie! :)

Gabrielle | Savvy Home said...

Blake and Ryan are definitely the hottest couple on planet earth right now.... By far!!! Gahhhh. And a big fat yes to the picnic table!