Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

November 12, 2012

Mountain Weekend

We spent the weekend with friends (6 adults and 6 kids) at a friend's mountain home near Asheville, NC. It was glorious. The kids couldn't have had any more fun sliding down hills, throwing rocks, and making s'mores (could have slept better though...) and the adults enjoyed ourselves too with the most incredible food and drink all weekend. Oh and many games of Catch Phrase. It was so great.

It also happened to be Lilly's birthday, so we had a little celebration while we were up there too (she has many more celebrations to come, too).

It just feels good to get outside by a fire*, a bubbly stream, some pretty leaves, and the thrill of the possibility of a bear appearance, ya know? All with some hot spiked cider and a grill and I'm one happy mountain girl. I hope you had a great weekend, too.

* Nicely built fire by the way, guys (not that you read my blog). And why is it that grown men turn into kids when they get around a fire??

16 comments:

caycee said...

These pictures made me smile a weekend!!! So glad you guys had a great time!! Mountains with friends are the best!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

What a perfect weekend!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

I love the mountains. Matt's aunt has a house in Linville and I wish we got there more often. Happy Birthday to Lily, looks like she was having a blast!

Jessamie {Bird and Branch Redesign} said...

So precious! I love me a good mountain weekend...I miss them so much! PS 100% agree with you on the 'men become boys' issue. A good fire will do it every time.

(Eileen) a creative day said...

Such the perfect weekend!

Tiffany @ Savor Home said...

Looks so fun! Your kiddos are adorable. I took my first trip to Charleston last weekend for a food photography workshop and thought of you. I swear I am moving to Charleston one day. It is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen!

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...

Looks like such a wonderful weekend getaway!!!

Xo-L
simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

This looks like absolute heaven. I wish we had a place like this to go to!

Unknown said...

Love weekends in the mountains! We've got a family cabin up in the Blue Ridge Mtns in NC. We celebrated Tanner's b-day this weekend too, yay for abundant amounts of cake! Happy Belated to Miss Lilly. xoxo www.styleoyster.blogspot.com / www.i-heartfitness.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

This screams "perfect fall weekend." I need a few days like this before I jump into the hustle of the holidays!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Those pictures of Lilly's birthday are pretty much the epitome of perfect birthday: surrounded by friends and family, in the most gorgeous setting possible, Birthday hats. (c; Happy Birthday, Miss Lilly!

Unknown said...

LOVE this. We are all over weekends like this. And for us they are crazy rejuvenating and exhausting all tied into one pretty package!

Lily said...

Love the birthday hat photos...looks like an amazing weekend!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

Gray Benko said...

Such an amazing weekend!! I'm so glad that we finally made it work :) I don't know about you, but I'm thinking we need to make it a regular thing...
PS- I am so in love with that picture you took of Farris carrying the sled. I think you need to send it to me so I can print it out.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear you were able to enjoy our beautiful mountains this weekend! (I'm in Hendersonville) I have never encountered a bear living here- but we have huge wild turkeys that roam my neighborhood which I am just a little bit afraid of ;)

17 Perth said...

Oh my gosh. Sounds like the best weekend ever. Craving the mountains lately! Glad y'all had a great time!