Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 17, 2013

Cross My Heart & I Hope To Buy


That's how that song goes, right? Errrrr. Well today I'm talking about cross body bags, the fashion world's latest obsession. This is NOT a fannie pack, people. I ran into my friend Kate Stevenson (yes, the famous artist) at Hampden Clothing over the weekend and she looked SO chic wearing a little cross body bag. She says it makes her life so much easier to throw big stuff in a diaper bag below the stroller and then have the little bag swinging over her so she can reach little necessities easily. And you know what, I believe her. Because famous artists don't lie. Except maybe creepy ones who are trying to get in your pants. But that's not Kate. Duh.

Aaaanyway, it doesn't take much to motivate me to get my shop on (I saw that eye roll), so considering that Shopbop is still currently running their Friends & Family promo and offering 20% off your purchase (using code "WEAREFAMILY13"), it seems like right now is the perfect time to indulge your summer wardrobe.

Here are my favorite of favorites.


I envision these being perfectly swung across your body by day and hanging from your shoulder by night. 

Images up top of Song of Style, Man Repeller, and Diane Kruger from Coachella street styles. 

17 comments:

Sadie + Stella said...

Totally digging the boho look!!

Julia Ryan said...

I completely agree with Kate. I'm constantly dragging my giant bag everywhere. Most of the time it can get shoved down in the stroller or left in the car except I still need a place for my wallet keys and cell phone and lip gloss so I end up toting on my shoulder. What's your favorite one?

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

I know! Totally the Rebecca Minkoff, any of those fabulous colors.

Kim Aull said...

love love love my cross body bag, it's so easy and comfortable especially with kids :) If I am not using my diaper bag I for sure grab it!

caycee said...

Well if Katie has one, then I think I need one too ;)Love the nude one!

Unknown said...

RM all the way! Loving the periwinkle color!

Unknown said...

Can we talk about how much I love the title of this post. In mag speak, that would be a headline, better known as a HED, and a very hilarious one at that!

Laura Dro said...

Thanks for sharing the code! I have my eye on a few things already:)

www.lauradrodesigns.blogspot.com

Laura

Unknown said...

Love my cross body bag. Use it all the time especially when shopping, keeps my hands free!

www.FripperyVintage.com

Albertina M. Cisneros said...

Yes! love these. Loving the Botkier Nude!! mmmmmhh! So pretty.

Unknown said...

I have been dying to jump on the cross body bandwagon and you are helping me jump in! haha I love all of your picks but my favorite is the Annabel bag, so chic!!

Amy Florez {Baby Mama Juice} said...

They have a ton at TJ Maxx and are the biggest travel necessity that exists! I got a little gold Cole Haan number for Rome and it was amazing! My big bag felt like it weighed 1000 lbs when I switched it out!

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Love your picks, epecially the Loeffler Randall and that Marc Jacobs Mini. I was going to pull the trigger on a Loeffler Randall but the one I want is not available at Shopbop, boo!!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Katie's bag is just gorgeous. Makes me want a crossbag too but I need a big one for all the crap I have! Hope you treated yourself to one:)

PATRICIA KIMBERLY said...

Marriage is exclusively between a man and a woman. family first is committed to promoting policies that support marriage and hold families together.

Caroline said...

Great picks! I love cross body bags they are perfect for so many occasions. I bought the RM Mini Mac and I love that I can wear it as a cross body or just over one shoulder.

~ Caroline
http://peachykeencaroline.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Use it all the time especially when shopping, keeps my hands free!

nfl jerseys free shipping