Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 28, 2013

30 Is Not The New 20


Hey all you 20 somethings, watch this video. I even watched it (ahem I'm no long a 20 something and am now 31) and I'm like yeah, that's a good video. Plus, she's talking to you. 


It just might inspire you to look at things a little differently. Boyfriends, jobs, how you spend your free time. I totally related to a point she made about dating a guy "just because" even though you knew he would never be "the one". I broke up with that exact guy on our 1 year anniversary because I hated that I had wasted a year with him (that sounds bad, he really wasn't a bad guy). But 2 months later I met Josh. Not that everyone should meet their true love at the ripe age of 24 like I did, because I don't necessarily think that at all. But just consider what Meg Jay has to say.

9 comments:

Paula Jean | PJM Interiors said...

What a great message…even for us 30-somethings! :) Thanks for sharing!

Nat said...

I'm a 30 something too but I thought this video was awesome. I think its the message a lot of 20 somethings need to hear. I have quite a few friends who have made bad decisions just to fit in a major milestone before 30 and now regret it.

Anne [A Squared] said...

This is an excellent video for all of us 20 and 30 somethings-- so glad you shared. I will be sharing with some of the girls in my life as well!

Christina said...

Oh, shoot, I almost cried. Thank you!

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...

I DID cry! I love this. I had watched half of it when a friend posted it on Twitter, and now I can say I've watched the whole thing. And, I am so happy I did. This was amazing. Thanks so much for sharing!! I've now tweeted it as well :) Hopeful that more 20-somethings will watch this and be inspired.

xo
ivyandmolly.blogspot.com

Amanda Rapp Design said...

I really like this. Thank you for sharing. Very motivating! :)

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing this. I'm afraid it made me a bit panicky as a 29 year old, but it also inspired me!

Tiffany Leigh said...

Ahh this video scares me. I'm 22 (almost 23) and I've been trying to put everything together like she says but sometimes I just feel paralyzed! She's not lying about it being a pivotal time of change, but change terrifies me! Here's hoping I can figure it out.

Unknown said...

I love, love, LOVE this message, thank you so much for sharing it!

xoxo, Emily