Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

May 4, 2013

The Summit


Well I got back from the Southern C Summit yesterday! I had such an awesome time with everyone on Jekyll Island (despite the rainy weather). What a magical place to get to share inspiring ideas with fellow creatives. I feel so lucky to have been a part of this inaugural event.


That's Lulie Wallace and me right before our "blogging and brand collaborations" presentation. I was a little nervous to get up and speak since it's not something I do everyday. But let me tell you, that room of 200 awesome and inspiring women (and a few guys) was so welcoming that I had a total blast up there. I mean, I really enjoyed sharing my experiences and advice. Everyone was so engaged that we didn't even have enough time for the million questions that the audience had. And audience seems like a weird word. Co-creatives is a much better description.

Unbeknownst to me, during my presentation artist Katherine Sandoz drew my portrait. It pretty much completed my day to see myself portrayed in this manner. Notice the open door?


I really was aiming to be totally open and share as much information and advice as I could. I'm so glad that Katherine felt that too.

So much thanks to all of my readers who attended and supported me, it meant the world. I hope you got as much out of the conference as I did. And a big thanks to Cheri and Whitney for putting together the whole event - y'all rocked it out in the most hospitable way. Everyone is already looking forward to next year!

11 comments:

Your Southern Peach said...

So glad it went well and love the portrait! Really hoping to make it to next year's conference.

stephanie at Stephanie Kraus Designs said...

such a great picture!

Christy said...

Your presentation was GREAT. Seriously! You and Lulie were really, my FAVORITE one. And, now I get to follow your blog... so fun. :)

Chassity (Look Linger Love) said...

Christy, that just made my day :) thank you!!

Anonymous said...

Your portrait is super fab!!! LOVE it!! Wish I could have been there!!

Sidney Wagner said...

Great job presenting!...just sent you an email about continuing our convo. Thanks for all of your valuable input! xoxo

Cheri Leavy said...

We appreciate so much that you shared the inspiring path of your blog at the Summit. And I love that Katherine captured the spirit of you!

Unknown said...

You gave a great talk. It was so great to finally see the face in person behind the blog I have been following.

Celia G @ Breakfast at Target said...

Chassity - The Summit was a great experience and I'm so happy to have met you... you're pretty darn cool! And Katherine is amazing, I oogled (yes, OOGLED) over her work all day. :) While I hope to attend again in 2014, I also hope we'll cross paths well before that! Sending #tscsummit love from the Capital City!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How amazing tho experience that AND receive such an amazing portrait?!

Anonymous said...

I thoroughly enjoyed y'alls presentation. Great having you and Lulie there!