Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 2, 2012

Easter Gift Guide + Picnic

I've been rounding up prizes for Lilly and Fletcher's Easter baskets. Fletcher (4 months old now!) is pretty much just getting pajamas and a book, but it's fun to get more creative with older kids' baskets. Here are some Easter bunny goodies that I think would make any kid (and parent) happy to find.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And I recently took the kids on a little picnic. I saw this adorable idea to fill plastic eggs with your child's favorite snacks and I just knew Lilly would love it. It would be fun to incorporate an egg hunt with this idea too, but I didn't have the resources to pull that off as it was just me and the kids at a park.

It was awesome up until the bugs started biting Lilly and Fletcher started wailing. But hey, I tried.

Check out the original idea at Brandy's Crafts.

20 comments:

LifestyleBohemia said...

I love these ideas - especially the diy paddle kit and the adorable bowling set. It's so refreshing to see the same kids toys that I grew up with, in this age of technology.
Very cute!
xx
Joanna

Julia Ryan said...

Adorable!!! What a fantastic idea with the eggs!!!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

I am totally copying the egg and picnic idea, love it! Been working on S's Easter basket too, he is so excited about "the bunny with treats."

Alicia xoxxo said...

Ohh I can't wait for baby O's first Easter! I still have so much to do! Love all of your ideas!

blue chickadee said...

Love that idea about filling the Easter eggs with snacks for a picnic!!!! I have the Great Art Book- it is soo awesome-good rec!!!!

(Eileen) a creative day said...

So fun!

p.s. did you see that amber is starting to get those rugs you blogged about? Happy dance :-)

Lovin That! said...

They are so adorable!!!

Morgan said...

Love your Easter finds! And your picnic pictures are adorable. Lilly is too cute.

Emily | Recently said...

How cute is that idea?!? I think I'll have to try it. You've gotta love the outings that begin with great intentions but don't go quite as planned! We seem to have a lot of those ;).

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

I have been itching to have a picnic lately, and your photos are adorable! I also love that gift guide. Have a lovely Monday, dear!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

I love the picnic idea, I must try it!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

Awww, that is the cutest little picnic ever! Such a great idea...the small fries are entertained by the darndest things (c: And I really need to get on my Easter planning...seeing as it's in a week. Yikes.

viv said...

Your two munchkins are so cute!

Dana Gastelum said...

How sweet, they are just so cute I could eat them up!! Adorable Easter idea Chass!

Megan said...

What a cute idea for a kiddo's snack and a fun alternative to all surgary candies!

Unknown said...

I love the egg/picnic idea - sooo cute! Not as cute, however, as your kids- that Lilly...she's just a living doll:)

Unknown said...

It's all fun and games until someone starts wailing! :) How cute to fill those as a picnic idea. Never even thought of that. Lilly and Fletcher look so cute out there. Thanks for sharing.

Karena said...

Chassity such cute ideas for cute cute kids!! The different treats in the eggs are perfect!

I hope you will Come and enter my amazing Cross Bottle Guy Giveaway!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Tara {The Silver Lining} said...

What an adorable picnic idea! I'll have to make note of this one to share with my sister.

katie stevenson said...

Adorable!! Love this idea and the pictures are so sweet!! xx