Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

October 24, 2012

The Art Of The Drapey Jacket


The Drapey Jacket. In my humble opinion, it is the jacket to have. Of course, I don't live in a city where it's frigid cold for months, so a good jacket can get a ton of wear and keep me warm enough. I like the drapey style because I just feel like it hides my middle more and looks casual badass. I don't know, that might be weird. But I know y'all like it a lot too because I got a lot of messages about this jacket I wore and shared in my Chicago post (and this particular picture on my FB page).


So I thought I'd do a round up of my most favorite drapey jacket options. Some are leather like mine, but some are other materials like cotton, jersey... So there is a really wide range of prices here, depending on what type of invesment you want to make. When you hover over each photo you'll get a preview of the brand and price. Easy.


What do you all think? Which is your favorite? And yes, I had some couch time yesterday nursing my cold so there was extra time to assemble some favorites :) I guess colds are good for some things.

PS, my spell check doesn't like the term "drapey". I do though, and that's what counts, right?

PPS, that soup from yesterday was the bomb. Josh said it might be the best soup I make (I make A LOT of soups).

8 comments:

Alex {Things That Sparkle} said...

Hope you're feeling better! And yes, I so agree the drapey jacket is the best. My leather jacket is drapey and I LIVE in it.

Julia Ryan said...

Glad you're feeling better friend. And love your drapey jacket and all those picks. I miss Charleston winters where it's all just cute accesories for show! I think I'm going to have to buy a bonafide winter coat and tobagan for this year. boo.

Gaby [The Vault Files] said...

Love the look of these jackets, I think I'm more of a drapey jacket type of person than a tailored one, though I can do both ;)
PS: happy to hear you're feeling betta.

Hannah Maple said...

LOVE me some serious drape! And you're right--Charleston's winters are more than perfect for this style. We're so lucky :) Cold enough to layer up and get cozy, but still look chic. Thanks for these amazing options!

Charlotte said...

LOVE drapey leather jackets!! I have that SW3 one you posted in brown and live in it. Strangely, I actually like it better than the Vince drapey one I have (even though it was 1/3 of the price)! Anyone considering it should go for it!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

So cute! I love all of these picks.
And, being from Chicago, I appreciate the "Bean" pic! :)
Isn’t That Charming.

BreighAna said...

absolutely love the plush coat .. 4th one towards the bottom i think? either way ! fall essential ! love it :)

Naomi@DesignManifest said...

I need at least three of these! Amazing pic from Chicago. So cute.