Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

April 5, 2013

Give It A Try


Trying new things is pretty much my spice to life. I mean, there is very little that I love more than the search for pretty things and finding inspiration. Fashion, decorating, cooking, things to do... anything. Here are a few ideas to get your mojo going... Maybe you'll come away with one or two things to try this weekend.

A Living Work Of Art:


I'm kind of gaga over this idea of sitting a vase of fresh flowers in an empty frame on your wall. I know, it would be a job with the upkeep. But would you ever try it? Thanks for the idea House of Fifty.

Dip Your Art:


This art piece by Oliver Jeffers has been making the rounds on pinterest. I'm fascinated by the idea of taking art, frame and all, and dipping it in a bold color. I just may try it, with an art print, of course. I love the idea of covering most of the piece, leaving her eyes peeking over. I mean, is she naked under there? Quirky.

Donut Stack:


No new idea here. But have you stacked your donuts in a tower? It's just soooo much more enticing on a platter like this. I did this for the Home Depot girly luncheon I had at my house a couple of weeks ago. I'll be sharing all these pictures soon. Thanks for this image, Gray.


Let 'Em Fly:


Oh never mind. Maybe we should just leave this one to Claudia Schiffer.

Happy Friday!

8 comments:

Julia Ryan said...

Your bar cart is my favorite. I think you could totally pull off the dipped art! Such a cool idea!

Unknown said...

Love your bar table setup...not so sure on the dipped art... :) www.styleoyster.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of dipping art!

Unknown said...

The donut tower is so much fun!

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Claudia has the tiniest waist ever!!!

Natalie {Designer Bags and Dirty Diapers} said...

Ok love the stacked doughnuts and I'm still jealous of your snakeskin bar art! The dipped artwork is throwing me for a loop not sure I could do it. But I could eat all those doughnuts:;

17 Perth said...

Ill never argue with stacked donuts! haha. Love your snakeskin bar!

Unknown said...

I am kind of in love with the dipped artwork as well, a conversation piece without a doubt! And the living work of art is so chic-happy weekend!!